Well if you have been looking for a moist fluffy white cake recipe, look no more! It is here! And it is delicious!
But it just goes to show you it works with just about EVERYTHING!
This cake is light but dense at the same time; it has great structure to hold up to almost any décor, great for stacking in a wedding cake or for cupcakes!
Quite possibly one of my most versatile recipes!
- All Purpose Flour 390g (3 cups)
- Baking Powder 15g (1 Tablespoon)
- Salt 2g (½ teaspoon)
- Unsalted Butter 226g (1 cup)
- Granulated Sugar 450g (2¼ cups)
- Vanilla Extract *use clear if available 1 Tablespoon
- Egg Whites 210g (7Large)
- Whole Milk 1 cup (237ml)
- In the bowl of the Kitchen Aid mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar until light a fluffy, approximately 5 minutes on high speed.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg whites, milk and vanilla extract together and reserve.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, sift together the Baking Powder, Salt with the All Purpose Flour.
- Once the butter and sugar has been creamed sufficiently, you will add in about ⅓ of the flour mixture (with the mixer on very low to avoid a flour shower all over your kitchen!).
- Once the dry has been incorporated on medium speed, you will now begin to add in half of the liquid ingredients slowly while continuing to mix on low speed. Stop the mixer to scrape down the sides of your bowl to ensure you are always incorporating the ingredients evenly.
- Once the liquid has been absorbed, you will now go back to your dry ingredients with another addition, repeat with the remaining liquid in the same fashion, and then the last addition of dry ingredients until you have mixed in all the ingredients to a smooth, silky white cake batter.
- Pour immediately into prepared pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 25-35 minutes depending on the pan sizes you are using.
Please refer to the blog titled UNTIL IT's DONE for more clarity on baking times.
This cake can be stored in the freezer for up to a month wrapped well in plastic wrap.
Thaw cake without the plastic wrap before using to build your cake.