This Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie may just win your heart as top cookie recipe in your file!
You will notice these ingredients are just about the same as any Toll House cookie recipe, but what is very different here is the mix method.
The melting of the butter will give this cookie a soft-batch result.
Try any combination of chips or nuts as you wish! I used Butterscotch Chips and Chocolate on my first batch here, but how about White chocolate chips and Macadamia nuts!???
Milk Chocolate chips and raisins??
Dark Chocolate Chips and Pecans!!
The possibilities are endless with this very versatile, very delicious cookie!
- Unsalted Butter 2 Sticks (226g)
- Brown Sugar 1 cup (210g)
- Egg Yolks 3 (54g)
- Whole Milk 2 Tablespoons (29g)
- Vanilla Extract 1½ teaspoons
- Bread Flour 2½ cup (340g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Butterscotch Chips 1¼ cup (224g)
- Chocolate Chips ¾ cup (168g)
- In a small saucepot or in the microwave, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Pour butter into a mixing bowl (or your Kitchen Aid fitted with the Paddle attachment) and add the brown sugar.
- Mix on low speed to incorporate, and then increase speed to medium for about 2-3 minutes
- Combine the Milk, egg yolks and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk together then add to the butter/sugar mixture on low speed.
- Sift together the baking soda, salt and flour then add to the batter all at once. Mix on low to combine well.
- Add the Butterscotch chips and the Chocolate chips (or whatever combination you desire!) all at once.
- Scoop the dough with a 2 ounce cookie scoop onto parchment paper lined sheet pans then chill for at least 30 minutes. Do not skip this step
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Bake cookies for about 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned.
Store baked cookies for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature.
Raw dough can be frozen for up to 2 months, simply thaw and bake as needed.