If you are not a fan of the Red Velvet Cake, well….I ask you to try ONE MORE RECIPE!
You may be converted forever!
This recipe is so easy, so moist and the bonus is- it does not require a mixer!
The classic way (well, the classic way at my bakery anyway!) is to use both the cream cheese icing and the buttercream as the filling and icings!
You can feel free to prepare it anyway you like of course, but try it this way and you will not be sorry!
- All Purpose Flour 324g (2 ½c)
- Granulated Sugar 300g (1½c)
- Baking Soda 5g (1 teaspoon)
- Salt 6g (1 teaspoon)
- Regular Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 12g (2 Tablespoons)
- Vegetable Oil ¾ cup (175ml)
- Buttermilk 1 cup (237ml)
- Eggs Large 2 (100g)
- Red Food Color 1 Tablespoon (or the whole McCormick .5fl oz Squeeze Bottle)
- White Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Van Extract 1 teaspoon
- Into a large sift the All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Cocoa Powder
- In another bowl, add the red food color and the vinegar to the sugar, vegetable oil and then add the buttermilk.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla to that and whisk the mixture to combine.
- Add all of the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together well until all is combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter amongst your prepared pans and bake immediately approximately 30-35 minutes or Until It Is Done.