The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe around! But don’t just take MY word for it! Read the comments and see for yourself!
Better yet….MAKE THEM! You won’t be sorry!
- Unsalted Butter room temperature 2 sticks (226g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Light Brown Sugar 1 cup (210g)
- Salt ½ teaspoons (3g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Eggs 3 Large (150g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 c (390g)
- Baking Soda 2 teaspoons (10g)
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks 3c (510g)
- In the bowl of the Kitchen Aid Mixer cream the butter and both sugars with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla extract together and slowly add to the creaming butter mixture on medium speed being sure to mix well in between additions. Stop the mixer every so often and scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate well.
- Sift the flour and baking soda and salt together, then add to the mixer all at once and mix on low speed just until combined. DO not over mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine well.
- With a 2 ounce cookie scoop (or simply drop dough by the heaping tablespoon) onto a parchment lined sheet pan spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake immediately for approximately 12-15 minutes or until desired browning.
Switch the AP flour to Bread Flour (3 c or 360g) Use all Brown sugar instead white granulated sugar.
Instead of Baking Soda, use Baking Powder.
Switch the butter out for solid vegetable shortening (or a combination of the two) as shortening has a higher melting point so it will stay solid during the baking process longer.
You can also chill the dough before baking to help the cookies from spreading too much.
Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 days
You can freeze un baked dough for up to 2 months